As a UX Designer at UpTop, you have a passion for solving complex problems using a combination of UCD, Lean UX and Design Thinking methods to generate solutions. You will have prior experience working on projects spanning enterprise applications/tools to consumer websites and mobile apps on a variety of platforms. You have a clear understanding of what it means to be a consultant and how business, design and technology come together to create great experiences. You must know how to turn ambiguity, when it presents itself, into clarity. Overall, you shall have no ego, play nice with others, and bring undeniable value to the team.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform core UX research activities including: driving stakeholder and customer interviews, creating competitive analysis reports, personas, UX evaluations and recommendations, writing user stories, journey maps, storyboarding, affinity mapping, performing basic usability testing, etc.
- Create standard design deliverables including: information architecture, interaction maps, prototypes, annotated wireframes, visual design styling, design specs etc.
- Articulate and justify your work to achieve mutual goals
- Scope design projects as needed
- Participate in client-facing design workshops as needed
- Embrace the iterative design process while balancing project delivery timelines
- Travel occasionally for client discovery or support of business development
Required Skills To Have:
- Ability to employ both strategic and tactical design on a project.
- Effective at defining business goals and objectives and mapping those back to your designs
- Being able to pivot quickly and effectively, including refining strategy to reflect changing business or project needs
- General experience performing design activities common to UpTop across each phase of the design process including lean UX research, strategy and design
- Strong ability to present your design work to clients in-person, via screen share, and via email with the ability to justify and/or defend your work, but ultimately guide them to a positive outcome
- Good understanding of interaction design and proficiency of mainstream design systems and design kits such as Material, Fluent, Bootstrap, iOS and Android
- General understanding of underlying technical issues as applied to design and how to work within their constraints
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure design is successfully implemented
- Ability to lead junior design team members when necessary
- 4-8 years in the field of UX Design, Interaction Design, Product Design or related experience
Nice to have:
- Previous agency experience as a design consultant
- Front-end knowledge of HTML 5, CSS and other web technologies
- Adobe Creative Suite
- InVision App and/or other prototyping tools
UpTop offers a competitive compensation package, including 90% paid health benefits (medical, dental, vision), participation in 401K with matching contribution, PTO and participation in the company bonus program. We pride ourselves as having a relaxed, fun and rewarding work environment. If you are passionate about all things technology and crave making an impact on a daily basis, please send your resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com