You are a self-motivated, team player that can work effectively under varying workloads. You know how to operate in the face of ambiguity by framing in the problem and creating progress. You are a positive, open-minded person that is receptive to feedback. You use that feedback to improve and learn. You are organized, can self-direct and manage time wisely to get things done. You are respectful and empathetic to your clients and peers.
- Ability to employ strategic and tactical design in a project.
- Effective at defining business goals and objectives and mapping those back to your designs
- Being able to pivot quickly and effectively, including refining strategy to reflect changing business or project needs
- Demonstrated experience performing activities across the UX spectrum including: stakeholder/user interviews, heuristic evaluations, competitive analysis, user profile/persona creation, journey mapping, information architecture, concept ideation, wire framing, interaction design, prototyping, user testing, and visual design.
- Strong ability to present work to clients in-person, via screen share, and via email with the ability to justify and/or defend your work but ultimately guide them to a positive outcome
- Familiarity with mainstream design systems and design kits such as Material, Fluent, Bootstrap, iOS and Android
- General understanding of underlying technical issues as applied to design and how to work within their constraints
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure design is successfully implemented
- Occasionally assist in the planning and facilitation of client-facing design workshops as needed
- 4+ years practicing Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Product Design, similar field or similar work experience
- BA/BS in Visual/Technical Communications, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field or equivalent work experience
Nice to have:
- Previous agency experience
- Brand design experience
- Front-end knowledge of HTML 5, CSS and other web technologies
- Adobe Creative Suite
- InVision App and/or other prototyping tools
UpTop offers a competitive compensation package, including 90% paid health benefits (medical, dental, vision), participation in 401K with matching contribution, PTO and participation in the company bonus program. We pride ourselves as having a relaxed, fun and rewarding work environment. If you are passionate about all things technology and crave making an impact on a daily basis, please send your resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com