As an experienced, mid-level UX designer, you will perform your responsibilities for both UpTop and UpTop Health clients. You are a self-motivated, team player that can work effectively under varying workloads. You know how to operate in the face of ambiguity by framing in the problem and moving the project forward. You are a positive, open-minded person that is receptive to feedback. You use that feedback to improve and learn. You are organized, can self-direct and manage time wisely to get things done. You are respectful and empathetic to your clients and peers.
- Ability to employ strategic and tactical design in a project.
- Effective at defining business goals and objectives and mapping those back to your designs
- Being able to pivot quickly and effectively, including refining strategy to reflect changing business or project needs
- Demonstrated experience performing activities across the UX spectrum including: stakeholder/user interviews, heuristic evaluations, competitive analysis, user profile/persona creation, journey mapping, information architecture, concept ideation, wireframing, interaction design, prototyping, user testing, and visual design.
- Demonstrated experience in clean visual designs with an attention to detail
- Assist in the planning and facilitation of client-facing design workshops
- Strong ability to present work to clients in-person or via screen share with the ability to justify and/or defend your work but ultimately guide them to a positive outcome
- Familiarity with mainstream design systems and design kits such as Material, Fluent, Bootstrap, iOS and Android
- General understanding of underlying technical issues as applied to design and how to work within their constraints
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure design is successfully implemented
- 4+ years of UX Design, Interaction Design or similar work experience
- BA/BS in Visual/Technical Communications, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field or equivalent work experience
Nice to have:
- Previous agency experience
- Brand design experience
- Front-end knowledge of HTML 5, CSS and other web technologies
- Experience in healthcare industry (payer or provider)
- Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD
- Adobe Creative Suite
- InVision App and/or other prototyping tools
UpTop offers a competitive compensation package, including 90% paid health benefits (medical, dental, vision), participation in 401K and PTO. We pride ourselves as having a relaxed, fun and rewarding work environment. If you are passionate about all things technology and crave making an impact on a daily basis, please send your resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com