You are a self-motivated, team player that can work effectively under varying workloads. You are a positive, open-minded person that is receptive to feedback. You use that feedback to improve and learn. You are organized, can self-direct and manage time wisely to get things done. You are respectful and empathetic to your clients and peers.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform basic UX research activities such as stakeholder and user interviews, creating user profiles or personas, usability testing and more.
- Create standard design deliverables including: information architecture, wireframes, prototypes and visual designs
- Articulate and justify your work to achieve mutual goals
- Assist in client-facing design workshops as needed
- Embrace the iterative design process while balancing project delivery timelines
- Travel occasionally for client discovery as needed
Required Skills To Have:
- Ability to employ both strategic and tactical design on a project.
- Effective at defining business goals and objectives and mapping those back to your designs
- Being able to pivot quickly and effectively, including refining strategy to reflect changing business or project needs
- General experience performing design activities common to UpTop across each phase of the design process including lean UX research, strategy and design
- Strong ability to present your design work to clients in-person, via screen share, and via email with the ability to justify and/or defend your work, but ultimately guide them to a positive outcome
- Good understanding of interaction design and proficiency of mainstream design systems and design kits such as Material, Fluent, Bootstrap, iOS and Android
- General understanding of underlying technical issues as applied to design and how to work within their constraints
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure design is successfully implemented
- 1-3 years in the field of UX Design, Interaction Design, Product Design or related experience
Nice to have:
- Previous agency experience as a design consultant
- Front-end knowledge of HTML 5, CSS and other web technologies
- Adobe Creative Suite
- InVision App and/or other prototyping tools
UpTop offers a competitive compensation package, including 90% paid health benefits (medical, dental, vision), participation in 401K with matching contribution, PTO and participation in the company bonus program. We pride ourselves as having a relaxed, fun and rewarding work environment. If you are passionate about all things technology and crave making an impact on a daily basis, please send your resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com